The third leg of the annual Triple Crown horse racing event is upon us, and in 24 hours, we’ll know if Mine That Bird can duplicate his Kentucky Derby win; and if jockey Calvin Borel will earn Triple Crown honors on two different mounts. If he does, it would be the first time in the history of horse racing. There’s lots of action to be had at this year’s 141st running of the Belmont Stakes in Elmont, New York: so let’s get down to business with late morning odds and current contenders.
Bet on the Belmont Stakes – Click Here to Bet NOW with eHorse.com
eHorse.com Deposit Methods (USA): Visa, Amex, Diner’s Club, JCB, Money Transfer, Person to Person Transfer, Bank Wire, Horizon20 Funds transfer
2009 Belmont Stakes Odds and Contenders – 141st Belmont Stakes Odds
- Mine That Bird – 2:1 – Jockey Calvin Borel; Trainer Bennie (Chip) Woolley Jr. The sentimental favorite in so many ways, Mine That Bird has been an impressive finisher in previous Triple Crown events. Jockey Calvin Borel is no slouch either: his plan is to ride from the back and cruise down the home stretch for the win.
- Charitable Man – 3:1 – Jockey Alan Garcia; Trainer Kiaran McLaughlin. McLaughlin is confident that Charitable Man is ready for action this Saturday, and many believe he will be Mine That Bird’s largest threat at the finish line.
- Dunkirk – 4:1 – Jockey John Velazquez; Trainer Todd Pletcher. Winning the Triple Crown races has been elusive for Trainer Pletcher this year, but he feels confident that Dunkirk’s training in the interim between the Preakness Stakes will make him a strong competitor.
- Chocolate Candy – 10:1 – Jockey Garrett Gomez; Trainer Jerry Hollendorfer. Many felt Chocolate Candy had a genuine shot at winning the Kentucky Derby, but just wasn’t quite 100% that day. Things could change this Saturday at Belmont, where additional training and preparation could make Chocolate Candy an easy top 3 finisher.
- Summer Bird – 12:1 – Jockey Kent Desormeaux; Trainer Tim Ice. Summer Bird is a newcomer to this year’s Triple Crown contenders, coming in at 12:1 odds. We’ve seen plenty of surprise performances this year so far, so don’t count this horse out. Summer Bird could easily Place or Show this Saturday.
- Flying Private – 12:1 – Jockey Julien Leparoux; Trainer D. Wayne Lukas. The most favored of Trainer D. Wayne Lukas’ dual entries, Flying Private has had some decent performances so far this spring. Though wins eluded him at Churchill Downs and Pimlico, one can’t help but ponder the potential of this great race horse.
Other Important Considerations for this Weekend’s Race:
– The Belmont Stakes is the most grueling of all the Triple Crown races, with horses racing over 1.5 miles.
– Of 26 horses that have entered the Belmont Stakes eligible to win the Triple Crown, only 11 have actually succeeded.
– The course record is held by Secretariat, who blew away the competition by 31 lengths winning the race in 2:24, a world record.
– Post time is 6:37 PM EST, so get your bets in early. We recommend any of the top racebooks featured at sportsbetting3.com.
Racebook.com Deposit Methods (All Customers): Visa, MasterCard, Money Transfer, Phone Deposit