SportsBetting3.com has the latest Triple Crown odds. Review numbers for whether there will be a Triple Crown winner this year. Next, browse the odds for individual horses. A horse must win the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes and Belmont Stakes to win the Triple Crown. You can bet on one or more horses. This futures bet closes before the Kentucky Derby race begins. Research your favorite horses and bet now!
Triple Crown Odds to Win – Result and Horses
Current Horse Race Odds
|1. National Treasure|
|7. Blazing Sevens|
|5. Red Route One|
|2. Chase The Chaos|
How to Bet Futures
Sportsbooks offer odds on distant events. Bet wins or loses after the event has concluded.
Identifying the Odds
American sportsbooks calculate odds as moneylines. Occasionally, some horse racing futures may be displayed as fractional odds.
- Odds values are to the right of each horse’s name.
- Positive numbers indicate how much you win for risking $100.
- Negative numbers indicate how much you risk to win $100.
Identifying the Favorite & Underdogs
A horse with a minus sign before its money line is the favorite. It is most likely to win the Triple Crown. A winning bet will return less than the stake amount.
All other horses will have positive signs before their money lines. That means they are underdogs and less likely to win. A field with all positive signs means there is no strong favorite. All winning bets will return more than the stake amount.
Triple Crown Futures Bet Example
Select one or more horses to win the Triple Crown.
1. Tiz the Law +3000
2. Authentic +3300
3. Nadal +4000
4. Charlatan +5000
5. Ete Indien +6000
Bet #1 Bettor chooses Authentic risking $100 to win $3,300.
Bet #1 Result: Authentic wins the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes. He fails to win the Belmont Stakes. The bet loses.
Bet #2 Bettor picks two horses to win placing a separate bet on each:
- Tiz the Law risking $100 to win $3,000.
- Nadal risking $100 to win $4,000.
Bet #2 Result:
- Tiz the law finishes 2nd in the Kentucky Derby. Bet loses.
- Nadal wins the Triple Crown. This bet wins. Bettor wins $4,000 for risking $100.
Our futures betting tutorial explains this bet in detail. You’ll find examples for other sports, expected value calculations and futures arbitrage strategies. Also, a brief discussion of how to use spread or money line bets to hedge against losing futures bets.
|#1 DRF Bets|
|$200 Deposit Bonus + 10 FREE Performances Cards - Code: Stakes|
21+ Play from any approved state
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-522-4700
|$200 Signup Bonus New Customers - Code: BET200|
21+ Play from any approved state
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-522-4700
How to Bet on Horses
Watch our helpful video tutorial for more information. Afterward, read our “How to Bet on Horses” article for more information.
The most basic horse bets are the Win, Place and Show bets.
The Win bet is picking a horse to finish first. Payout depends on the horse’s odds before the race. Win bets on long-shot horses will pay more than heavy favorites.
The Place bet is picking a horse to finish second. The bet also pays if your horse finishes first. Place bets usually pay less than a successful win bet unless a long-shot horse finishes in the top two.
The Show bet is picking a horse to finish third. The bet also pays if your horse finishes first or second.
Win Place Show or “Across the Board”
Add a win, place and show bet on the same horse into one combination bet. Some horse bettors place Across the Board bets on multiple horses.
Race results determine your payout. The bet pays the most if your horse finishes first. You would collect on all 3 bets.
The bet pays the least if your horse finishes third. You would only collect on your show bet and lose your win and place bets.
Cost: $6 (3 bets x $2)
Horse Betting Resources
- Horse Racing Betting Tracks – Complete list of today’s thoroughbred horse races and harness races from major United States tracks and raceways, plus a select list of Canadian and Latin American tracks.
- Horse Betting Sites – We’ve reviewed the finest legal US horse racing betting sites, offering our own insights and guidance on where to place a bet. Don’t forget to claim your bonus code.
- How to bet on Horses – We’ve made horse racing betting easy, giving you a basic rundown of the win, place, show, and win-place-show bet. You’ll also learn how place a trifecta, superfecta, exacta, or quinella bet.
Exotic Horse Bets
- Exacta Bet – Bet on two horses to finish first and second in the order you specify. Like other exotic bets, you can box or wheel an exacta bet.
- Quinella Bet – This bet is similar to the exacta, except you’re picking two horses to finish first and second in any order. That means they could finish A-B, or B-A, and your quinella would still win. You can also box or wheel a quinella.
- Trifecta Bet – Bet on three horses to finish first, second, and third in the order you specify, or try a trifecta box or trifecta wheel bet.
- Superfecta Bet – It’s hard to win a superfecta, which is a bet on four horses to finish first, second, third, and fourth in the order you specify. Hitting a superfecta box or superfecta wheel bet might be easier.
- Daily Double Bet – Pick the winners of two consecutive horse races from the horse track’s list of eligible races. For more flexibility, you can try a daily double wheel bet. You can’t box a daily double bet.
- Pick 3, 4, 5, or 6 Bets – Pick the winners of 3, 4, 5, or 6 consecutive horse races. Like the Pick 3, you’ll need to review the horse track’s list of eligible races before placing this longshot wager. You can also wheel a Pick bet.
Kentucky Derby Resources
- Kentucky Derby Betting Odds – Odds to win this year’s Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks. Learn how to bet on the Kentucky Derby.
- Kentucky Derby Trifecta Picks – See our trifecta picks for this year’s Kentucky Derby, with prerace commentary and updates before the Derby.
- Kentucky Derby Betting Sites – Best legal online horse betting sites that accept Kentucky Derby wagers, plus last minute race picks.
Preakness Stakes Resources
- Preakness Betting Odds – Odds to win this year’s Preakness Stakes and Black-Eyed Susan, with a quick guide to how to bet on these two exciting annual horse racing events.
- Preakness Trifecta Picks – We’ve got a trifecta picks for this year’s Preakness Stakes, offering you the chance to improve your odds with an efficient trifecta wheel bet.
- Preakness Superfecta Picks – If you’re feeling lucky, try our Preakness superfecta part wheel bet, where you’ll key in sets of horses and try to nail the right finish. Though it’s notoriously an elusive bet to win, the potential payout is extremely lucrative.
- Preakness Betting Sites – Last minute picks and the best places to place an online wager for the Preakness Stakes this year.
Belmont Stakes Resources
- Belmont Stakes Betting Odds – See odds to win this year’s Belmont Stakes. If a horse has won both the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes, a Triple Crown will be on the line.
- Belmont Stakes Trifecta Picks – Check out our trifecta part wheel picks for the Belmont Stakes. A part wheel is easier to win than a straight trifecta bet.
- Belmont Stakes Superfecta Picks – Picks for a winning Superfecta Part Wheel at this year’s Belmont Stakes.
- Belmont Stakes Betting Sites – Legally bet on this year’s Belmont Stakes from the comfort of your home with our highly regarded online horse betting sites, then have a look at our last minute race picks.
- Belmont Stakes Trends – Review Belmont Stakes trends before placing a bet. Find out which post position is the most likely to produce a winner.
Breeders’ Cup Resources
- Breeders’ Cup Betting Odds – Odds to win the Breeders’ Cup Classic and other top-tier events from this seminal horse racing event that serves as the capstone for each racing season, with juvenile race winners likely to be Triple Crown contenders the following year.
- Breeders’ Cup Distaff Betting Odds – See the latest odds to win the Breeders’ Cup Distaff race, held on the Saturday afternoon just before the Breeders’ Cup Classic.
- Breeders’ Cup Mile Betting Odds – Enjoy the thrill of the often underrated Breeders’ Cup Mile, a stunning race held early Saturday afternoon before the main event.
- Breeders’ Cup Turf Betting Odds – Another great race on the undercard, the Breeders’ Cup Turf showcases the world’s top horses on grass. Get the latest odds before the race goes off Saturday afternoon.