World Series betting makes October more enjoyable. Learn about moneylines, totals and run lines. Our tutorial also covers World Series props, parlays and first 5 innings bets. See current World Series odds below. Review recent World Series outcomes in the reference section below. Send your bookie back to the dugout when you score big with these easy World Series bets.
- Current World Series Futures
- Latest MLB Matchup Odds
- World Series Bets
- Exotic Bets
- Tables & Reference
- When to Bet the Run Line
- ☞Live MLB Odds☜
World Series Futures
|1. Los Angeles Dodgers||+325||$325|
|2. New York Yankees||+325||$325|
|3. Houston Astros||+775||$775|
|4. Atlanta Braves||+1500||$1,500|
|5. Minnesota Twins||+1800||$1,800|
|6. Washington Nationals||+1800||$1,800|
|7. New York Mets||+2000||$2,000|
|8. Chicago Cubs||+2200||$2,200|
|9. St. Louis Cardinals||+2200||$2,200|
|10. Tampa Bay Rays||+2200||$2,200|
|11. Chicago White Sox||+2400||$2,400|
|12. Cleveland Indians||+2400||$2,400|
|13. Los Angeles Angels||+2400||$2,400|
|14. Cincinnati Reds||+2500||$2,500|
|15. Oakland Athletics||+2500||$2,500|
|16. Philadelphia Phillies||+3000||$3,000|
|17. San Diego Padres||+4000||$4,000|
|18. Boston Red Sox||+4500||$4,500|
|19. Milwaukee Brewers||+4500||$4,500|
|20. Arizona Diamondbacks||+6000||$6,000|
|21. Texas Rangers||+8000||$8,000|
|22. Toronto Blue Jays||+8000||$8,000|
|23. San Francisco Giants||+15000||$15,000|
|24. Colorado Rockies||+18000||$18,000|
|25. Kansas City Royals||+20000||$20,000|
|26. Pittsburgh Pirates||+30000||$30,000|
|27. Seattle Mariners||+30000||$30,000|
|28. Baltimore Orioles||+50000||$50,000|
|29. Detroit Tigers||+50000||$50,000|
|30. Miami Marlins||+50000||$50,000|
Upcoming MLB Matchups
World Series Bets
World Series betting is easy with moneylines, totals and run lines. Use these bets to capitalize on individual games. What more information about these bets? Peruse our MLB betting tutorial for more information.
1. World Series Moneyline Betting
Bet on the outright winner.
How to read Moneyline Odds
- Positive number indicates the underdog.
- Negative number indicates the favorite.
- Less Common: Two -110 numbers indicate no specific favorite. This is a PK or pick’em bet.
Each moneyline includes the sportbook’s juice. The juice is the sportsbook’s fee for taking a bet.
A -230 true odds favorite plus juice may cost -240. Favorite bettors must risk more than true odds.
A +280 true odds underdog minus juice might pay +270. That means underdog bettors are rewarded with smaller payouts compared to true odds.
- Negative numbers indicate how much you risk to win $100.
- Positive numbers indicate how much you win for risking $100.
Most sportsbooks display baseball moneylines by default on the MLB odds page.
MLB Moneyline Example
Boston Red Sox -220
L.A. Dodgers +200
- The Boston Red Sox are the favorite. The Los Angeles Dodgers are the underdog.
- Boston bettors risk $220 to win $100. Los Angeles bettors win $200 for risking $100.
Result: The Red Sox defeat the Dodgers 8-4. All favorite bettors win.
2. World Series Total Betting
Sportsbooks estimate a point total combining each team’s projected final scores. Players bet whether the result will be over or under this number.
World Series totals can be found near or between moneylines for each side. World Series totals will most likely be between 6-11.
Sportsbooks provide the total’s juice to the right of the line. One side of the bet may have different juice than the other.
World Series betting odds will abbreviate over as “o” and under as “u”. The more expensive side will be provided. For example, 6½o-114 means anyone betting over 6.5 runs will lay $114 to win $100. -106 is the under juice. Under bettors would lay $106 to win $100.
Assume -110 when no number is given. That means the juice for both the over and under will be -110. Bettors taking either side lay $110 to win $100.
World Series Total Example
Boston Red Sox 7½ o-115
- The total line is 7½. The over has -115 juice. -105 is the corresponding under value.
- Over bettors believe the run total will be greater than 7.5. They lay $115 to win $100.
- Under bettors believe the run total will be less than 7.5. They lay $105 to win $100.
Result: Final total is 12. This number is greater than 7½. All over bettors win.
Note: No tie bets are possible with a ½ point line. The final result will either be over or under the sportsbook’s line.
Ties occur when the sportsbook’s line equals the final run total. This happens with whole number lines like 8, 9 or 10. Sportsbooks will refund all bets.
3. World Series Run Line Betting
Bet is made on the expected score difference similar to a spread. Most World Series run lines will be 1½. Less common run lines are 2½ and 3½.
Taking the Favorite
A 1½ line rounds up to 2. Favorites must win by 2 or more runs.
Taking the Underdog
A 1½ line rounds down to 1. Underdogs must not lose by more than 1 or win outright.
Each side has moneyline odds.
Interpreting Line Values
- The most likely, or favorite line, will be negative.
- The less likely, or underdog line, will be positive.
Odds & Payouts
- Positive numbers indicate how much you win for risking $100.
- Negative numbers indicate how much you risk to win $100.
Interpreting 1½ Run Line Odds
- Determine the favorite and underdog. The favorite’s 1½ spread will be negative. The underdog’s 1½ spread will be positive.
- Moneylines indicate the likelihood each team will cover the spread.
- The underdog will have a negative moneyline because it is more likely this team will win or only lose by 1. You’ll win less than you risk.
- The favorite will have a positive moneyline because it is less likely this team will win by 2 or more runs. You’ll win more than you risk.
MLB Run Line Example
Boston Red Sox -1½ +220
L.A. Dodogers +1½ -180
- The Red Sox are the favorite. They must win by 2 or more runs.
- The Dodgers are the underdog. They must not lose by more than 1 or can win outright.
- The Red Sox are less likely to win by 2. Their moneyline is positive. A $100 bet wins $220.
- The Dodgers are more likely to lose by 1 or win outright. They moneyline is negative. A $180 bet wins $100.
Tip: Run lines can offer higher expected value than a moneyline.
Compare the above example to a fictional -190 moneyline for favorite Boston. You would lay $190 to win $100.
If you think Boston will win by 2 or more, you could take the run line instead. You would lay $100 to win $220. You risk less money for a much higher payout.
Exotic World Series Bets
First 5 Innings, props and parlays are all exotic bets. They’re great ways to diversify your World Series betting experience. Winning bettors should always bet parlays instead of separate straight bets. You’ll win substantially more money. Use our MLB betting tutorial to learn more.
1. World Series First 5 Innings Bet
This bet is similar to first half betting in football.
Moneyline F5 bets are on which team will be leading after 5 innings.
F5 total bets are on the combined number of runs each team has scored after 5 innings.
World Series 5 Inning Bet Directions
- See the latest MLB 5 inning odds. Make sure to click “5 innings” or “5inn” at your sportsbook.
- Pick either the favorite or underdog to lead after 5 innings.
- Decide whether the run total will be over or under the sportsbook’s estimate after 5 innings.
- Bet the moneyline or total separately or together.
Note: F5 bets generally pay less than full game bets. These wagers don’t carry as much risk as their full game counterparts.
F5 bets are ideal for teams that take early leads, usually the result of a strong starting pitcher.
They’re are also preferable when a team has weak relief and closing pitchers. You won’t have to worry about seeing a winning full-game bet lose when the tides turn after the 7th inning stretch!
2. World Series Props
Sportsbooks offers odds on various events related to the World Series. Bettor decides whether an event will occur, in what quantity or both. Prop bets are considered side bets. They’re not dependent on the game’s final outcome.
Postseason play and the World Series will offer the most prop betting opportunities. The American and National League pennants may also get props.
Sportsbooks will begin posting props up to 10 days before major competitions begin. Monitor your sportbook’s wagering menu regularly.
World Series Prop Betting Directions
- Visit sportsbook’s MLB odds page. Select “Props” or “Specials”.
- Most props are announced before championship events. Others will be available throughout the season.
- Each prop has moneyline odds.
- Make selection and bet desired amount.
- Sports props win or lose after applicable game, season or playoff has concluded.
Note: Some props cannot be added to parlays. Check which props are eligible first.
Bets will be graded “no action” if the prop cannot be resolved. Or, some other intervening event disrupts the prop bet entirely (natural disaster, scheduling change, etc).
Example World Series Props
1. Series game total: 4.5 Games
- Over 4.5 Games -1000
- Under 4.5 Games +700
2. Series game total: 6 Games
- Over 6 Games +110
- Under 6 Games -130
3. World Series Outcome
4. When will the World Series End?
5. Where will the 2018 World Series End?
- Dodger Stadium +170
- Fenway Park -200
3. World Series Parlay Betting
Combine 2 or more moneyline, run line or total selections. Parlay wins if all selections win. Parlay loses if any selection loses.
Each tie reduces the total number of selections by one. A 4 leg parlay with 1 tie becomes a 3 leg parlay. A 5 selection parlay with 2 ties becomes a 3 selection parlay. Your final payout will correspond to the updated parlay size.
World Series Parlay Directions
- Select 2-15 moneylines, run lines, totals, eligible props or combinations of all four.
- Include matchups from other sports like football, basketball or hockey.
- All selections must be correct to win.
- Each tie reduces parlay payout by 1 selection. Review your sportsbook’s parlay rules carefully.
Baseball Handicappers: Always remember that parlays benefit the winning bettor more than separate straight bets. Hint: A winning 3 team parlay pays more than 3 separate winning straight bets!
|100% Sign-Up Bonus up to $1000 (10x Rollover) + $25 Casino Chips - Use Code 25SB3|
Tables and Reference
World Series Results 1965-Present
|2019||Washington Nationals||4-3||Houston Astros|
|2018||Boston Red Sox||4-1||Los Angeles Dodgers|
|2017||Houston Astros||4-3||Los Angeles Dodgers|
|2016||Chicago Cubs||4-3||Cleveland Indians|
|2015||Kansas City Royals||4-1||New York Mets|
|2014||San Francisco Giants||4-3||Kansas City Royals|
|2013||Boston Red Sox||4-2||St. Louis Cardinals|
|2012||San Francisco Giants||4-0||Detroit Tigers|
|2011||St. Louis Cardinals||4-3||Texas Rangers|
|2010||San Francisco Giants||4-1||Texas Rangers|
|2009||New York Yankees||4-2||Philadelphia Phillies|
|2008||Philadelphia Phillies||4-1||Tampa Bay Rays|
|2007||Boston Red Sox||4-0||Colorado Rockies|
|2006||St. Louis Cardinals||4-1||Detroit Tigers|
|2005||Chicago White Sox||4-0||Houston Astros|
|2004||Boston Red Sox||4-0||St. Louis Cardinals|
|2003||Florida Marlins||4-2||New York Yankees|
|2002||Anaheim Angels||4-3||San Francisco Giants|
|2001||Arizona Diamondbacks||4-3||New York Yankees|
|2000||New York Yankees||4-1||New York Mets|
|1999||New York Yankees||4-0||Atlanta Braves|
|1998||New York Yankees||4-0||San Diego Padres|
|1997||Florida Marlins||4-3||Cleveland Indians|
|1996||New York Yankees||4-2||Atlanta Braves|
|1995||Atlanta Braves||4-2||Cleveland Indians|
|1994||Players' Strike, No Series||N/A||Players' Strike, No Series|
|1993||Toronto Blue Jays||4-2||Philadelphia Phillies|
|1992||Toronto Blue Jays||4-2||Atlanta Braves|
|1991||Minnesota Twins||4-3||Atlanta Braves|
|1990||Cincinnati Reds||4-0||Oakland Athletics|
|1989||Oakland Athletics||4-0||San Francisco Giants|
|1988||Los Angeles Dodgers||4-1||Oakland Athletics|
|1987||Minnesota Twins||4-3||St. Louis Cardinals|
|1986||New York Mets||4-3||Boston Red Sox|
|1985||Kansas City Royals||4-3||St. Louis Cardinals|
|1984||Detroit Tigers||4-1||San Diego Padres|
|1983||Baltimore Orioles||4-1||Philadelphia Phillies|
|1982||St. Louis Cardinals||4-3||Milwaukee Brewers|
|1981||Los Angeles Dodgers||4-2||New York Yankees|
|1980||Philadelphia Phillies||4-2||Kansas City Royals|
|1979||Pittsburgh Pirates||4-3||Baltimore Orioles|
|1978||New York Yankees||4-2||Los Angeles Dodgers|
|1977||New York Yankees||4-2||Los Angeles Dodgers|
|1976||Cincinnati Reds||4-0||New York Yankees|
|1975||Cincinnati Reds||4-3||Boston Red Sox|
|1974||Oakland Athletics||4-1||Los Angeles Dodgers|
|1973||Oakland Athletics||4-3||New York Mets|
|1972||Oakland Athletics||4-3||Cincinnati Reds|
|1971||Pittsburgh Pirates||4-3||Baltimore Orioles|
|1970||Baltimore Orioles||4-1||Cincinnati Reds|
|1969||New York Mets||4-1||Baltimore Orioles|
|1968||Detroit Tigers||4-3||St. Louis Cardinals|
|1967||St. Louis Cardinals||4-3||Boston Red Sox|
|1966||Baltimore Orioles||4-0||Los Angeles Dodgers|
|1965||Los Angeles Dodgers||4-3||Minnesota Twins|
World Series Appearances & Records 1965-Present
|New York Yankees||39||27-12|
|New York Giants||19||7-12|
|St. Louis Cardinals||18||10-8|
|Chicago White Sox||17||11-6|
|New York Mets||5||2-3|
|St. Louis Cardinals||5||2-3|
|Kansas City Royals||4||2-2|
|No World Series||4||2-2|
|Toronto Blue Jays||2||2-0|
|San Diego Padres||2||0-2|
|St. Louis Browns||1||0-1|
|Tampa Bay Rays||1||0-1|