So, the NBA, NHL, and NCAA sports seasons are over. The NFL is still another 2 LONG months away. What’s left to bet on? We’re glad you asked. July may not offer all the sports betting opportunities that come in the fall and winter months, but it does have plenty of action on the turf if you’re willing to try something new.
First off, don’t let the sometimes complicated nature of horse betting intimidate you. It’s true that there are many forms of horse wagers, some of which incorporate thousands of possible winning combinations. If you’re a beginner, forget about these bets. For now, just focus on the simple bets like Win, Place, or Show. These bets are easy to understand and are offered at every online horse racebook. Moreover, they pay fairly well if you win. Leave the trifecta and superfecta wheel betting to the old-timers.
Next, find an event that you’d like to bet on. We’ve listed on our Online Horse Racing Events page. As you can see, there are dozens of stakes, handicaps, and other horse racing meets that offer a ton of great gambling opportunities. Plus, the best part about playing the ponies online is that you don’t actually have to hoof it to the horse track to place a wager. Instead, kick back and relax in the comfort of your own home, while placing wagers from your computer. It couldn’t get any easier or more convenient.
Here’s a short list of some important July Horse Racing Events:
- Man O’ War Stakes – Belmont Park – Grade 1 – July 10, 2010
- Coaching Club American Stakes – Santa Anita Park – Grade 1 – July 24, 2010
- Diana Stakes – Santa Anita Park – Grade 1 – July 31, 2010
- Delaware Oaks – Delaware Park – Grade 2 – July 10, 2010
- American Derby – Arlington Park – Grade 2 – July 17, 2010
- Virginia Derby – Colonial Downs – Grade 2 – July 17, 2010
- Delaware Handicap – Delaware Park – Grade 2 – July 17, 2010
- Sanford Stakes – Santa Anita Park – Grade 2 – July 25, 2010
- Lake George Stakes – Santa Anita Park – Grade 2 – July 28, 2010
- Jim Dandy Stakes – Santa Anita Park – Grade 2 – July 31, 2010
Now that you’ve got a few races to choose from, the final step is to find a good online racebook. Once again, we’ve got that covered: just check out our Horse Betting Sites page, where you’ll find a complete listing of the top online racebooks that offer action to USA and International Players. Horse betting couldn’t be easier! On top of that, each website accepts most major credit cards and e-wallets commonly used to fund regular sportsbook accounts.
Don’t let July be a downer for sports betting, because there’s still plenty to bet on right under your nose. If you still have reservations about the horses, no problem. Odds are already available for the first week of NFL action in the 2010-11 season.
Good Luck and Have Fun from sportsbetting3.com!